Welcome to the official web site of Atlantic County government, New Jersey.
The Atlantic County web site is dedicated to providing residents and visitors with information and access to the full range of services offered by Atlantic County government. Our site is designed to be your portal into county government, making it easier for you to locate the information and services you need. If there's something you can't find, we want to know
This document is intended to be a guide to the use of this web site and an understanding of how the site is organized.
SITE SEARCH FEATURE
A Site Search function is located at the top right of all pages on this web site or in the gold navigation bar on smaller screens indicated by this icon . Type in one or more keywords in the Search box. Hit "Enter" (PC) or "Return" (Mac) to find your results or click on the search button. If you do not get the results you were seeking, try different keywords. Additionally, you can email the Public Information Officer using the link at the bottom of any page.
There are three main page types on this web site:
- Home Page
- Main Subject Area pages
- Subject or Service Specific pages, also referred to as "sub-pages"
Our web pages use consistent navigation, layout, menus and language throughout. Use the links in the menus to move through our site. To return to the page you previously visited, just press your browser's "Back" button or a corresponding link in the right hand column. A link to the Home Page can be found at the top of all pages as described below.
The site utilizes three sets or groupings of Navigation Links:
OUR HOME PAGE
- Main Navigation Menu (Mega Menu) - At the top of every page set in a gold bar is the mega menu that is broken down into 4 sections: Resident, Visitors, Business, and County Government; plus a Home page button indicated by this icon on smaller screens . Rolling over the section titles will give you a drop down menu to direct you to various sub-sections of the web site. If viewing our page on a small screen, the mega menu will be found by selecting this icon . The Quick links menu (described below) is also included in the mega menu on smaller screens.
- Secondary Navigation Links – on each page you will find a secondary level menu on the right hand side to direct you to pages within that section.
- Quick Links and Footer – on the home page and some section pages you will find a Quick Links menu that will direct you to some of the most popular features of the site, Traffic Advisories, County Calendar, County News, Education and Employment, Photo Gallery and seasonal topics. On smaller screen sizes these links can be found within the main menu. The footer contains links to our accessibility statement, privacy practices, this page, our site map and contact us page. It also contains a language translator and link to Open Public Records Act (OPRA) information. Language translation of our web site is available through Google. NOTE: ACCURACY OF GOOGLE TRANSLATION CANNOT BE VERIFIED.
The Home Page
is divided into a number of areas: the header, navigation menu, image and information slider, and the main body with three columns that fold into one on mobile devices. Below these main areas is the site footer with additional site-wide links.
- Header: The header contains the site search function and also identifies the site and contains the Main Navigation Menu.
- Information Slider: The information slider highlights special events, seasonal programs or particularly timely information. By rolling your mouse over the content you can stop the scrolling motion on a particular slide that interests you or use the arrows to advance or return to a particular slide.
- Alerts: During times of emergency or when there is important information the county wants to share with the citizens there may be an alert shown at the top of the page. Please take note of these alerts. Once you have read the alert you can click the “x” at the top right to close the alert. Alerts may also include Traffic Advisories and Weather Alerts. Traffic Advisories are accessible from the quick links menu and on mobile view as an alert box. Weather alerts appear above the News section as issued by the National Weather Service.
- Main Body: The main body contains County News, Quick Links, the County Executive’s box, Twitter Feed and more. At the bottom of the page are links to subscribe to county email services, RSS feeds or social media accounts for fast and timely information.
- PDF Files
Many documents found on this site are in Portable Document Format (PDF) so that all users can open them regardless of which computer type, browser, or operating system they use. In order to view, navigate, and print PDF documents, users must have a PDF reader software installed on their device For detailed instructions for downloading and installing the free Adobe Acrobat Reader visit this Adobe website.
- External Links
Some areas on the web site show an external link such as this example: www.ReadyAtlantic.org. This indicates a new window or tab will open within your Internet browser when you click on the link. This is also an indication that you are leaving the official Atlantic County web site to view a page on another web site that may or may not have an affiliation with the County of Atlantic.
Language translation of our web site is available through Google, accessible at the bottom of each page on our site. NOTE: ACCURACY OF GOOGLE TRANSLATION CANNOT BE VERIFIED.
If you experience technical difficulties or have suggestions for improving the Atlantic County web site, let us know by e-mailing your comments to our Public Information Officer using the link on the bottom of any page.