Bethlehem Loading Company
The construction of the plant was started on April 3, 1918. By July 1, the first 155mm shell was loaded and by November, 56,000 155mm shells were loaded and delivered. The 8 inch shell plant was started up, and the 75 mm shell plant was 70% complete. The modern plant had 24 miles of track along with administration buildings, cafeterias, change houses, police buildings, and military barracks to house 1,100 soldiers to guard the plant.
Click on any image for photo viewer