Monday, September 19, 2016
The Atlantic County Police Training Center will be administering the written test for Alternate Route Basic Course for Police Officers at 7 PM on October 4, 2016 at the Canale Training Center, 5033 English Creek Ave., Egg Harbor Township.
The Alternate Route program allows individuals interested in becoming police officers an opportunity to attend a police training academy at their own expense, prior to being hired by a police department. Graduates of the program are not assured a law enforcement position but are able to pursue employment as a certified police officer.
Applications are available online at www.policeapp.com and must be completed by 11:59 PM on September 29, 2016 with a non-refundable fee of $95. A maximum of 100 applications will be accepted.
Alternate Route candidates must meet the following requirements for acceptance into the program:
* Be between the ages of 18 and 35 years
* Be a citizen of the United States
* Be able to read, write and speak the English language
* Have at least 60 college credits prior to the start of the academy or two years of full-time active duty military service; or a combination of college credits and full time active duty military service that adds up to two years.
* Pass a rigorous selection process; including a written examination, physical agility test, oral interview, psychological evaluation, medical exam, and a preliminary background investigation.
* Have a valid NJ driver’s license prior to the start of the academy
* Pass a drug test through urinalysis
* Have current insurance (Health / Liability) by the time of the physical test
Accepted Alternate Route candidates will be required to attend class Monday through Friday for 23 weeks beginning as early as January 27, 2017.
For more information please visit www.aclink.org/police-training-center or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.